What is Patton's Tiger?

I have been immersed in natural history since I was 18 and started work at the (then) Wildfowl Trust at Arundel. I met, worked and lived with some brilliant naturalists and a lifetime's obsession was born.
Birding was followed by mothing and the height of 'achievement' was obtained when a moth was given the above vernacular name in recognition of the fact that I trapped the first British record.

Sunday 20 May 2012

OK, so it's been over a year since I blogged................
Why the new interest? Well, the first Pan Species Listers' weekend is almost upon us and I have been looking at the blogs of my fellow listers.

Yesterday I went to Coates Common to see the Field Crickets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohIWEShJiY

I am struggling with a 'new' camera. For many years I took great (for me!) macro photos with a Canon Sureshot  S5. I scratched the lens and, eventually, got round to buying another. As yet, I have not managed a macro shot which is in focus.............

No comments:

Post a Comment