What is Patton's Tiger?

I have been immersed in natural history since I was 18 and started work at the (then) Wildfowl Trust at Arundel. I met, worked and lived with some brilliant naturalists and a lifetime's obsession was born.
Birding was followed by mothing and the height of 'achievement' was obtained when a moth was given the above vernacular name in recognition of the fact that I trapped the first British record.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Pan-species Listers' Field Meeting

OK, so these postings are now veeeery out of date!!! I blame the field season myself!
Let's go back to the first day of the two-day Pan Species Listers' meeting.

Two days in the field with extremely knowledgeable naturalists (who also happen to be really good company) has left me exhausted, physically and mentally!!!
On Friday, we met at Parham Park in West Sussex, and targeted saproxylic insects, about which I know next to nothing!
Registration........

A mind-boggling number and array of species was recorded.

Feast your eyes on some highlights......

A nationally scarce species - Korynetes caeruleus
The larva of the Cobweb Beetle - Ctesias serra
Criorrhina floccosa - named the Gingernut Hoverfly.......






No comments:

Post a Comment