What is Patton's Tiger?

I have been immersed in natural history since I was 18 and started work at the (then) Wildfowl Trust at Arundel. I met, worked and lived with some brilliant naturalists and a lifetime's obsession was born.
Birding was followed by mothing and the height of 'achievement' was obtained when a moth was given the above vernacular name in recognition of the fact that I trapped the first British record.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Still catching up.........!

I'm still not used to this blogging lark. I position the photos nicely on the page and they then move sneakily into boring rows.......
Still, back in time to Saturday, day 2 of the PSL meeting.

From the flat expanse on Parham Park, we moved onto to the mis-named Heyshott Down. Mis-named cos it was all up.........
Another scorchingly hot late spring day and we were serenaded by Firecrest and Tree Pipit with a supporting chorus of fly-by Buzzards and Siskins.

Huge, chunky click beetle - Agrypnus murinus
My first 'green' Fly Orchid






















No comments:

Post a Comment